The demand for telehealth behavioral health care services has increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has resulted in an increased demand for telehealth clinical supervision to support the providers in the telehealth behavioral health care industry. Please join this live, interactive webinar to increase your knowledge in the area of the ethical practice in telehealth clinical supervision. The information gained in this webinar will increase your insight into the practice of telehealth clinical supervision as well as decrease your liability when working in this model.
Cost: $75 – Want to attend this event and any future event or course from our CE library for FREE and unlimited for the cost of $25/month for 12 months??!! Check out our Everything Plan here.
At the end of this training, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify why it is important to start out with a discussion of setting professional standards with supervisees, including nuances of working in the telehealth model.
- Name three things that should be part of a check list when meeting with a telehealth clinical supervisee for the first time.
- Identify why a clinical supervisor professional disclosure statement and contract/supervision agreement is a necessity.
- Identify why it is important to complete an annual evaluation and set professional growth goals with supervisees.
- Identify two reasons to support collaboratively documenting in telehealth clinical supervision and why the supervisor and supervisee should sign the note.
- Name two important details that should be in included in every supervision note.
- Identify two areas of risk in a telehealth clinical supervision model.
- Discuss the importance of understanding the different generations and communication patterns when engaging in a telehealth clinical supervisory relationship.
- Name the organization that certifies clinical supervisors and authored the clinical supervisor code of ethics.
- Identify why a clinical supervisor code of ethics is as important as your credentialing organization’s code of ethics.
- Build a checklist to organize and manage risk in clinical supervision
- Identify two reasons why a check list is needed to organize and manage risk with a supervisee in the telehealth model.
- Name three critical items that should be included in a check list used in telehealth clinical supervision.
- Consider Liability insurance and if your liability insurance is effective in the telehealth clinical supervision model.
Obtain a consultant or supervisor to discuss clinical supervision challenges. Don’t be a lone ranger with risk!
Attendance and Location Details
Date and Time
Friday, May 13, 2022 9:00am – 12:00pm CENTRAL TIME
*Live Webinar Attendees: YouTube Live/Zoom link will be made available to you 24-48 hours prior to event date.
*We are not offering in-person ticket registration at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This training will provide participants clinical knowledge and tools to:
a). Develop supervision checklists which include critical items that ensure professional standards are maintained and risk is properly mitigated in conducting supervision via telehealth.
b). Identify and describe the importance of the following in your approach to supervision via the telehealth model: initial professional standards discussion and annual evaluation, utilization of a disclosure statement and supervision agreement, collaboratively documenting, and setting professional goals.
c). Identify and describe two areas of risk particular to the telehealth clinical supervision model.
Professionals providing telehealth clinical supervision in the behavioral health care setting.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Instructor(s): Jodi Ann Geis-Crowder, MS, LPC, ACS
Material Author(s): Jodi Ann Geis-Crowder, MS, LPC, ACS
For additional information about this course, the instructors, or the material authors, please contact Content Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Materials :
Course materials (including the link to view live events) are made available to webinar and in-person attendees 24-48 hours before the event start time. Course materials for online asynchronous courses are found in the Lesson module after a course is purchased.