This course is part of our ADHD Assessment & Treatment Certificate Program. To unlock this course *AND* get certified in clinical ADHD Assessment & Treatment, navigate here >>
Skillful application of attentional/executive functioning is a required skill in the 21st century. The result of our “Attention Industrial Complex” is that these skills – now more than ever – are crucial for clients with ADD/ADHD, mood and anxiety disorders, head injury, and other medical conditions which impact cognitive efficiency. The ability to rapidly identify processing disorders and provide targeted treatment recommendations is one of the professional clinical skills necessary to help these clients improve function.
Attend this workshop presented by Dr. David Nowell, an internationally known ADHD coach and neuropsychologist, and learn how to apply leading edge research to your own clinical practice with clients who struggle with these attentional skills. Gain a wide range of concrete skills including assessment of processing and organizational deficits from multiple perspectives and managing symptom overlap among related disorders.
Some of the topics covered will include:
- What are the basics we need to grasp regarding the pros and cons of stimulant medication for ADHD?
- What evidence-based non-medical options can be offered to clients who encounter problems with focus and concentration?
- What real-life and immediately applicable strategies can be introduced to clients who may not be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD but who struggle with procrastination and self-motivation?
- How can clients and their families realistically manage the impact of screens and other technology on sleep quality, relationship goals, and time management?
- Is the recent increase in ADHD diagnosis a real thing or a consequence of lifestyle?
- What constitutes “normal” capacity – across the lifespan – for managing distractions and directing our limited attentional resources?
Cost: $318 – Want to attend this and any future event or course from our CE library for FREE and unlimited for the cost of $34.99/month for 12 months??!! Check out our Everything Plan here.
a). Identify executive and organizational deficits across a wide range of childhood and adult disorders.
b). Differentiate and describe the processing disorders.
c). Implement specific skills for managing school, work, and relationship challenges for clients with executive dysfunction.
d). Apply techniques for involvement of teachers, family, and spouses in your evaluation and treatment.
e). Acquire a set of tools you can adapt to children and adults with executive dysfunction or “everyday” time management challenges and mood instability.
f). Contrast diagnostic approaches to making the distinction between normal from abnormal attentional challenges at work, in the home, and at school.
g). Identify the risks and benefits of medication for ADHD.
The target audience for this event includes psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed counselors, MFT’s, and other clinical mental health professionals.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Instructor(s): David Nowell, Ph.D.
Material Author(s): David Nowell, Ph.D.
For additional information about this course, the instructors, or the material authors, please contact Content Assistance at email@example.com.
Featured Materials :
Course materials are found in the Lesson module after a course is purchased.