**Course Length – 4 Hours
*Note: This is a professional development asynchronous offering and does not include a post-test, course evaluation, or a certificate for CE credit.
This seminar has been identified by hundreds of professionals as life changing, essential and exhilarating. Join Dr. Eric Gentry, a recognized leader in the area of compassion fatigue, and learn resiliency and prevention skills drawn from the Accelerated Recovery Program for Compassion Fatigue and Burnout. Learn practical self-regulation skills that are critical to your being maximally effective with your clients and improving treatment outcomes.
Learn powerful tools (the anti-bodies) that are critical for professional resiliency and integrate them into your practice immediately. Additionally, you will learn the techniques to teach and help your clients improve their lives. This training integrates the latest research and practice wisdom to help you reclaim the satisfaction, hope and inspiration of professional care giving.
This workshop is tailored for social workers, psychologists, nurses, counselors, general practitioners, lawyers, housing and employment officers, youth workers, residential care workers, community and youth workers and other such professionals.
• Evidence-based resiliency training for professionals
• Compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress, vicarious traumatization, counter-transference, burnout, caregiver stress … What you need to know
• Why self-care isn’t enough – the secrets of compassion resiliency
• Discover how to be stress free
• Become significantly more effective in your work by integrating the simple components of this training
• Learn the 5 critical elements of professional resiliency
• Learn compassion resiliency skills drawn from the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue – the only empirically-validated treatment for symptoms of compassion fatigue
• Learn the skills to sustain your longevity as a practitioner
• Powerful self-care tools to immediately integrate into your practice
a). Understand the causes, treatment and prevention of compassion fatigue, burnout, secondary traumatic stress, caregiver stress, counter-transference, and vicarious traumatization.
b). Explain how compassion fatigue erodes professional resiliency.
c). Implement skills for successful self-regulation.
d). Demonstrate an increased capacity to remain comfortable and maximally effective regardless of external demands.
e). Develop a personalized professional “moral compass” for the starting point for professional maturation and resiliency.
f). Implement simple, yet powerful, strategies to prevent the symptoms of Compassion Fatigue.
g). Create a self-directed, easy-to-use, personalized Professional Resiliency Plan.
h). Describe the importance of Self vs. Other.
i). Validate care giving as integral component of professional resiliency.
The target audience for this event includes psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed counselors, MFT’s, and all other dedicated workers in the helping profession.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Instructor(s): Eric Gentry, Ph.D.
Material Author(s): Eric Gentry, Ph.D.
For additional information about this course, the instructors, or the material authors, please contact Content Assistance at [email protected]
Featured Materials :
Course materials are found in the Lesson module after a course is purchased.