Normal Price: $150 *FREE*
Neural Desensitization: Integrating EMDR, IFS, & Other Approaches to Trauma (6 CE’s)
(Enroll now, complete anytime!)
What is NDIT, Exactly?:
It’s a new evidence-informed integrated trauma treatment approach developed by clinical psychologist Dr. Jennifer Sweeton, a published expert in the neuroscience of trauma. This 5-module comprehensive treatment helps therapists more quickly faciliatate trauma processing and recovery in even the most resistant or traumatized clients. NDIT is flexible and can be used alongside many other classic therapy modalities clinicians already know and love.
Several evidence-informed approaches to trauma can be immensely helpful to clients. However, a lot of these therapies are either rigid, making it difficult to stay client-centered, or vague, and mainly rooted in theory. Neural Desensitization and Integration Training (NDIT) is a module-based, exposure, trauma-focused approach to therapy for PTSD that integrates elements from EMDR, multichannel eye movement integration, prolonged exposure, IFS, and other therapies. The main goal of NDIT is to help clients titrate into processing traumatic material, so that flooding and retraumatization are minimized. Additionally, NDIT focuses on what clients do outside of session, and ways to facilitate progress though homework exercises. This one-day training will introduce you to the basic skills of NDIT, that you can begin incorporating into your practice right away!
What You’ll Learn:
- The basics and core fundamentals of Neural Desensitization and Integration Training (NDIT) and how to deploy it easily in therapy.
- How using NDIT can minimize flooding and retraumatization.
- How to custom-tailor NDIT skills to specific DSM-5 trauma symptoms.
- How you can IMMEDIATELY implement these skills into your practice (regardless of your therapeutic orientation).
- The 2 changes you NEED to make to decrease traumatic intensity during imaginal exposure.
- How to determine the most effective form of bilateral stimulation for each client to more quickly facilitate desensitization to distressing thoughts or memories.
What Clinicians Are Saying About NDIT
Dr. Sweeton provided a very organized, engaging and informative training on Neural Desensitization: Tools to Integrate EMDR, IFS, & Other Approaches to Trauma. This course is a great introduction to NDIT.
Excellent NDIT training. She was excellent, very intelligent and informative. Easy to understand and apply to my work. Thank you so much Dr. Sweeton!
I attended a one-day training on the overview of Dr. Sweeton's NDIT model and application. It was comprehensive and very engaging which is hard to do with the brain science where it can easily get too technical and anatomical. Brain is so fascinating and Dr. Sweeton offered so many ways to use the power of the brain to treat people with traumatic experiences. I plan to attend more courses by Dr. Sweeton!